Click here for the Zorbix Info Sheet (PDF file)
Zorbix is a patented flat sheet containing a super absorbent polymer designed to dry wet books and documents. Zorbix was invented by Artifex Equipment, Inc. and the USDA's National Agricultural Library. It effectively soaks up to fifty times its weight in water.
- Soaks up to 50 times its weight in water compared to blotter papers absorption of only twice its weight in water.
- Has good wet-strength using high grade filter paper for outer covering.
- Is reusable and dries out with air or solar heat to be used again.
- Dries books quickly and safely. Interleave Zorbix within a textblock to absorb moisture.
The greater the quantity of Zorbix, the faster the book will dry.
- Reduces cost to dry book by 50% compared to air drying.
Removes 90% of moisture in three pressings.
- Can be used as a humidity blanket for relaxing brittle paper in preparation for flattening.
Get Zorbix wet with clean water, place on surface (or protect with Reemay) and allow humidity to relax brittle sheet, flatten as usual.
- Currently available in three sizes: 4" x 6", 6" x 9", 7.5" x 10".
- Is cost effective.
Because Zorbix can be reused, per use cost is quite low and makes it ideal for disaster recovery kits as it isn't thrown away after each use.
- Is easy to use.
Same craft principles as blotter paper. No extra equipment or chemicals required.